WEEK THREE AFTER VIDEO DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
After watching the video, here are some questions to discuss with your group.
1. Someone in the group read Mark 14:32-42. What stands out to you about the way Jesus responded to being pressed from all sides?
2. When you are pressed, what is your “go to” response?
3. Think of a time when you were pressed this past week. Was prayer your “Plan A?”
a. If so, share what this practically looked like in your life.
b. If not, share how you reacted and how you would have responded differently if prayer had been “Plan A.”
4. List some things that are pressing on you right now and then share one of them with the group.
5. Having checked in with one another, ask who would like to receive prayer. Gather around that person as a group, place a hand on his/her shoulder, and follow the instructions from the video teaching:
a. Someone begin the prayer time by asking God to pour out His promised presence. Example: God thank you that you love Joe. You know what Joe needs now. He needs you. Jesus, please pour out your promised presence. Holy Spirit, come. We still our minds and hearts and wait upon you God.
b.After some pause, ask the person, “Is anything happening in your mind or heart as we pray?”
c. After he/she shares, thank God for how He is at work. Example: If He gives the person peace, thank Him for that peace!
d. Then continue to pray, asking God for more of what He wants to do. Example: God, we are asking for more. More of your presence…more revealing…more healing…more peace, etc
e. Pray over the group member as you feel led, but don’t feel pressure to “fill up” the space.
f. Wait and then ask the person again: “Is anything else happening in your mind or heart as we pray?”
g. Celebrate! Thank God for what He has done specifically and will continue doing in this person’s life!
6. Follow the above steps for anyone else in the group who would like prayer.
7. Commit as a group to pray for one another throughout the week.