In this School of Ministry you will be trained UP, DOWN, and OUT, forming a razor sharp arrow point, in a triangle, the strongest of shapes, that you can be shot out around the world.
Again, this is one year, but can stretch to two.
It is full-time.
This is the Navy Seals version of a ministry school.
This church does not need your labor. This is not a staffing model. It would be easier for us to NOT have this school, but you can’t be trained without doing. You will DO a lot, experience a lot, in addition to learning a lot.
Learn, Experience, Do. It’s a combination of those three.
You’ll be fully engaged around weekend ministry and revival nights.
You’ll be on staff, here doing the responsibilities of the day with us
Again and again the emphasis will be on Faith – Step then See, not See then Step. Leaps of faith in the face of fear will be a norm
Three categories: Learn, Do, Experience
- Training your mind Biblically – You will be taught how to engage with issues of today. Teaching you to face what you haven’t faced before through the filter of scripture. You can’t navigate shifting waters by memorization. This school is a place of deconstruction, but not deconstructing faith, which is what is usually meant by deconstruction, but learning to deconstruct what is coming against your faith, and learning to walk by faith. You will learn how to see and recognize, “What am I being asked to believe? What does He say on this subject?”
- You will read the New Testament 12 times, once monthly, in your year of being here as well.
- Staff Meetings
- Leadership meetings, a variety of them
- Serve Revival Nights
- Serve Weekend Services
- Mentor meeting – each of you will have 1 mentor
- Prayerfully hand-picked for each of you
- There will be a rotation into areas of ministry outside of your focus. All will prepare teaching devotions, all will serve on an administrative project, all will do a rotation in kids ministry, in prayer ministry, all will leave with exposure to a broad scope of ministry
- Assignments and homework from what you’re learning
- Key ministry responsibilities will be entrusted to you
- International Ministry Experience
- All will be in a section community
- Recipients of prayer ministry
- Inquiring Prayer
- Recruiting, envisioning and leading volunteers
- Sharing the gospel, each will leave able to and eager to